heya

welcome to my blog people !! Have fun reading my posts and feel free to express ur comments for me to keep improving :-)

Saturday, October 17, 2009

my trip to ambur .... an unforgetable day ...

Love lives by giving and forgiving .... self lives by getting and forgetting ...... As i revised the topic of my essay at 530am on the day of the zonal level competitions in my van , i was still the same cool person because i was happy that the journey would take almost 4 hours , so i could easily revise them. All of us , 7 participants including me , 3 youths and 1 guru travelled to a place near vellore , ambur ...( very famous for biriyani!!! )

Love is the personification of god ... as soon as i read the first line of my essay , i got diverted by the sunrise scene , for ,i was admiring it for the first time ... i soon got back to the topic and kept reading more ... soon i had a doubt about arthur ashe whose incident i had to mention in my essay and had it clarified by ram baiyya ... we also saw motorola company on our way ...

Two of my close friends were also with me ... raadha had already slept on ravi anna's shoulder .... and sitha was practicing her verses with sri anna ... after about an hour all three of us sat with ravi baiyya and ram baiyya and had a gala time ... we heard bhajans , cine songs , saw funny videos and on and on and on ..

But in the wink of an eye we had reached one of the schools in ambur which was our venue... oh my god ... all of us were thrilled .... we had had the breakfast there ... (yummy !!) and each one of us went to our respective rooms in the school ....
my time limit was 1 hour .... i started breaking my head and wrote all that i could remember .. mother teresa , the jews , khalil gibran , moh. nabi , ......

And then i remembered that i had to underline the important points and also had 2 pictures to draw ... "DRAW" one of the words which i hated .... oh my !! and just 30 minutes in hand ... i went on and on till the judges were pleading me to give the paper .. but hey !! they had taken it 2 minutes before the actual time !! i still had to write the conclusion which i could have done in those 2 min ... THIS WAS WHEN I ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD THE IMPORTANCE OF TIME .... anyways ... next i met raadha and sitha who had also done their competitions equally well ( not great) and we came to the playground and started roaming around ... we then spotted our youths and started a chat with them ...

After lots of teasing ... giggling ... and fooling around we were called for the lunch ... after having sambar rice and curd rice with roasted potato we were off to the bhajan hall ... now was the time when my heart beat quickened ... breating rate faster hands sweating (i might be exaggerating it a little but cant help it !!).... it was the prize distribution ... "ESSAY WRITING- 1PLACE GOES TO MYTHREYI " oh my god ... i ran to the stage while ram anna gave a good hoot and whistle ... all swamis grace ..... 4 more friends also received the prices , including raadha , sitha and one of my cousins sathya .....

The person who had corrected my paper happened to be ravi annas college mate .... he said that the essay was good ...that moment , i had a great sense of pride!!! we then left ambur and started our journey back ... we thought all of us could have a gala time .... WE ONLY THOUGHT .. but one of the important officials had decided to travel in our van for half the distance ... great ... but then we got to know that he was such a kind hearted person and allowed us to do things of our kind ....

After he had left .. we became all the more active ... now had i mentioned , ravi anna is a great philosopher and talks really well ... so both of us were chatting ... about his school and college life , job , philosophy , god ..... and not to forget his mobile .... a sony ericson one with great features ... he explained to me most of them !!

Then all of us spent some time together and cracked jokes , listened to music , and discussed our favorites which contrasted one another ... then came the time when we had to leave the van and go back to our homes with beautiful , ever lasting memories .... my aunt , sathyas mom had come to receive us ... so all of us left with the hope that we would meet once more and have a similar gala time ...

Anyways "ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL "!!

8 comments:

  1. GREAT WORK ... KEEP GOING !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mythreyi...its gr8!
    i miss u a loot...i guess u better write something u did in qatar and all that...!
    -manisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx a lot for the commenrts people ... and manisha il definitely try and do something ... keep checkin out my post ppl !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH!!!!! thats AMAZING dude....how come I havent heard about this essay competition before??? - Aashika

    ReplyDelete
  5. ey... it's obviously gooood....all the best..enjoy..-sharmada

    ReplyDelete